Thursday 27 February 2020

Godzilla

Godzilla circa 2004 by Playmates


While shopping at Walmart on February 25, 2020 to find some wire / cable clips for the LED lighting in the cabinet I am working on I came across this model of Godzilla from the 2004 movie.  It is large at 11" high.

Godzilla



There were other versions available including a space Godzilla and a Godzilla 2016 that were smaller and more of a black colour,  neither of which I particularly liked.  The 2016 versions head seemed to small and his chest looked weird and the Space version looked awful.

Other versions I was less impressed with.


 This 2004 version appeared to be the best of the lot, although not perfect as the seams are a bit large, but they could be filled with epoxy putty if you did not want the limbs to move.

There is also a model kit at Hobby Shops of the original 1964 Godzilla by Polar Lights that is 16" tall, which is much more expensive,  and likely better quality but due to the price, its size is too large for my purposes and the fact that it would likely sit around for years before I had time to assemble it I decided against it

Original Aurora 1964 vintage Godzilla 
monster 8.75" tall 1/200 scale part of 
a  Hobby House Railway layout

The large 16" Godzilla kit by 
Polar Lights 1/144 scale

The 7.75" Polar Lights Godzilla
 kit 1/250 scale


Godzilla will make a large and spectacular monster to pit against some of my 28mm troops like those of: UNIT, the Royal Marines, U.S. Marines, maybe even the Mounties.


No comments: