Friday 19 April 2019

Casablanca Lockheed Electra

LOCKHEED 10 ELECTRA

One of the latest miniatures / models added to my collection is the aircraft from the 1943 film Casablanca - the  Lockheed 10 Electra.  This is an old 1:53 scale Williams Brothers kit that works perfectly for heroic 28mm scale and will feature in one of my upcoming Pulp Alley games.


My new Lockheed 10 Electra kit, picture by John Clearwater



Read on to see are some more images of the aircraft including some with the characters from Casablanca and the story of the building of the kit.

 Another view of the aircraft with a white background.

My Lockheed 10 Electra finished kit

The kit was built by my friend John Clearwater a member of the Ottawa branch of the International Plastic Modelers Society (IPMS), and he described it as a "pig" to build. The windows in particular were problematic but the decals turned out very well, as you can see.


close up of the nose logo and windows.

Despite the limitations of this old kit I think John did a great job. Creating the decals was also an "adventure" and I did my part in creating the wing decal call sign decals, burning through a lot of expensive decal paper.

Here is a link to John Clearwater's blog with more pictures and the story of the construction of this kit.

http://clearwatermodels.blogspot.com/2019/03/lockheed-10-electra.html


Below are some pictures of my Casablanca characters posed with the Lockheed Electra in the background on the tarmac.  These are the characters that featured in the final airport scene .  As you will see I am also trying out some of the clear bases for my figures from Sally 4th.

L-R: Louis, Rick, Ilsa and in the back Victor

 Louis, Rick, Ilsa and in the back Victor

Louis, Rick, Ilsa and Victor

Louis, Rick Ilsa and Victor

Louis, Rick, Ilsa and Victor
Major Strasser on the far left joins the scene

The figures posed with the aircraft were made by: Artisan Miniatures ( Captain Louis Renault, Ilsa Lund) and Sally 4th Miniatures (Major Heinrich Strasser, Major Heinrich Strasser, and Rick Blain). Figures painted by Karl Friedrich.






No comments: