Wednesday 14 August 2019

Petradon or Pterodactyl with Silurian rider

Conversion project for Doctor Who and the Dinosaurs / Petradon

I was looking at the "Somewhere The Tea is Getting Cold" (STTIGC) blog
https://teasgettingcold.blogspot.com/2010/01/skys-limit.html?showComment=1565825053069#c5791748624388354281

The author is / was working on a conversion to take a Ral Partha flying reptile (Petradon or Pterodactyl) and place a Silurian rider on it.  This would be useful for any number of scenarios with the Silurians using DWMG or other rules.

Painted Pterosaur with Silurian Rider STTIGC


Here is how the STTIGC converted figures looked unpainted.

Conversion on the STTIGC blog front view

Conversion on the STTIGC blog rear view

Final painted version form STTIGC


Painted Pterosaur with Silurian Rider STTIGC

Painted Pterosaur with Silurian Rider STTIGC

I am going to try and create a similar conversion.   I don't have exactly the same Pterosaur /Petradon / Pterodactyl but I think it can be done.

Figures I have, BTD Silurian and 
unknown make of Petradon with rider
My  Petradon or Pterodactyl (unknown manufacturer that I bought at the bring and buy at Cangames) has one wing folded and is on the ground prparing to take flight.

I also have a flying Petradon on order.
Ral Partha Petradon I have on order

I might use the Ral Partha Petradon to create a second mounted Silurian.

As for painting maybe I can get some inspiration from the Canadian Museum of Nature that has an exhibit on Pterosaurs.





Museum



https://nature.ca/en/plan-your-visit/what-see-do/our-exhibitions/pterosaur-flight-age-dinosaurs

No comments: