Monday 20 January 2020

Mars Attacks

Inspired by a friend's idea last December that Martian's might make a good "enemy" in my Christmas game versus Santa's forces I took a look on line to see what was available online. It would be too late for Christmas 2019 but it was worth looking into for Christmas 2020 or other games. As a result I  bought some Mars Attacks figures I found online, I now have 18 Martian figures (10 grunts, 5 Marines, and 3 Martian characters).  I enjoyed the movie and the figures look well detailed and accurate.  Even thought the Martian figures are made of box game type soft plastic I think they will paint up well based on pictures and videos I have seen on line.  They should make for a fun game versus opponents such as my: Copplestone Men in Black, modern U.S. Marines, modern British Marines or even UNIT troops.  Not sure why Mantic stopped producing the Mars Attacks game or if I will use their rules (which I found as a PDF online) or some other rules like: Pulp Alley, Gaslight, Future Wars, INEPTT or DWMG.

My collection so far.

Over the weekend I ordered 5 Stealth Martians to act as scout troops for my Martians.

Stealth Martians, stock picture.


I also  found the box game itself for a good price online so I ordered it as it has some useful parts including: buildings, terrain, human defenders, characters and extra Martians.

Picture from a review of the game showing box contents


No comments: