Tuesday 21 April 2020

Unknown mounted Witch Elf.

Not sure the exact catalogue listing or name of this Witch elf on a Cold One metal figure in the centre of the picture below, it  looks like a Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd edition figure by Marauder from the late 1980s or early 1990s.  But I could not find it on the Stuff of Legends Lost figures webpage.


The cavalry figures on the left are Marauder Dark Elf Doomsteed cavalry and on the right 6th Edition Witch Elves.


It has been suggested  this mounted Witch Elf may be a conversion of this Marauder MM73 WE01 Witch Elf figure below, which makes sense if a different Witch Elf lower body was used with chain-mail to the knee.

Marauder MM73 WE01 Witch Elf
Not so sure this was a conversion as I have seen another mounted figure that looks just the same on a blog.


So unless someone else made the same conversion this figure may be one not found on the Stuff of Legends webpage that catalogues OOP Citadel figures among others.

3 comments:

Thantsants said...

I think it is a conversion - the legs look very similar to the ones I got with my two part Cold One Riders - the ones that also had separate arms with lances - nice job!

Lord of the Western Keep said...

Thanks I agree. Yes whoever did the conversion did a good job, I got it on eBay a few years ago. Look forward to painting her.

Lord of the Western Keep said...

As I found a picture of another figure that looks the same I am wondering if it is a conversion or a release that is not widely documented.