Sunday 3 January 2021

My Overly Optomistic Wish List of Games to Play in 2021

 

Games I hope to play for 2021

It is at New Years and once again time to make lists.  I fell well short of playing what I wanted to last year, largely due to Covid-19 which will no doubt impact what I accomplish this year.  This list is once again a long list, and I will be lucky to get eight to ten of the games in. I have put a * beside the ones played in 2020 or 2019.  Many of the games I hope to play will likely be played at my local club the Ottawa Miniatures Gamers (OMG).

First on my list is Warlords of Erewhon is a new set of rules by Rick Priestly that I have been trying to play for the last few months and will try to make it happen in 2021, possibly at OMG in 28mm scale.  I will likely use Undead or Dark Elves for this game, having created a list for the latter with the help of the author.

1. Warlords of Erewhon 28mm Fantasy Warbands.



 

2.  Micro Armour 6mm W.W.II  (Rules: All Hell Let Lose, Spearhead, Micro Armour the Game II, Kampfgruppe Commander II)

This at the moment is the focus of my attention, some pictures below of games from 2004-2007 set in Normandy in 1944.

 



Typhoon attack


One set of rules that has caught my attention is All Hell Let Loose (AHLL), A new set of 6mm scale Second World War rules that show some promise although the armour stats may need some reworking.

https://www.allhellletloose.co.uk/


3. SAGA Age of Magic* 28mm, also likely my annual Halloween game.



4. SAGA Age of Crusades*  28mm


 

5. SAGA Age of Vikings* 28mm 


 

6. SAGA Age Hannibal  15m 


 

7. Bolt Action W.W.II* 28mm


 




8. Black Powder: Battle of the Windmill 1837 15mm

    This may also be followed by some war of 1812 games.

Battle near Fort York, 15mm

 

9. Warhammer Fantasy Battle (WFB) 6th  Edition 28mm 


 

10. Flames of War * - Second World War 15mm 






 

11. Micro Armour - D-Day 6mm

 


12. Terror at Camp Night Fall, by Shawn Taylor 28mm Horror / Pulp 


Barracks used in my DWMG game Terror at Devils Bay Game

 

13 .Doctor Who the Miniatures Game* (DWMG) 28mm






As there will be no Cangames in 2021 DWMG will not be played at that convention this year.

Berlin set up for DWMG at Cangames 2022?

14.  Flames of War - Great War 15mm 

French Army waiting for an opponent

15. Pulp Alley* 28mnm



Star Trek: the Apple


16. Wings of War - Great War


17. W.W.I  Contemptible Little Armies* in 28mm

French Troops in action 1914


Le Cateau August 26, 1914 -  the Great Retreat


18. First World War or Great War using Great War Spearhead (GWSH) in 20mm, 15mm or 6mm.

 

20mm GWSH game


 19. 
Of Gods and Mortals by Osprey





20.  A possible Fantasy Campaign (see earlier posts)








No comments: