Saturday 12 January 2019

Classic Story Book Witches 2016 updated in 2019

Bought these 4 classic 28mm Storybook Witches from West Wind's Vampire Wars range in October 2016.



Picture below is not my paint job, but it is sort of what I am aiming for.

Classic  Story Book Witches 
painted by Chal
These witches above were painted by Chal and are part of his collection.  You can see more about them on his blog Miniatures of Wrath

https://miniwrath.blogspot.com/search?q=witches
 
Thanks for the inspiration Chal, and the idea of using Payne's Grey (being a very dark bluish grey) as the base coat.  Read on to see how my witches turned out.

Update November 2019:


Finally got my Storybook witches painted in late 2018 but it has taken awhile to get around to postign the pictures.

I discovered the bases for the flying witches needed some weight added to help balance them to stop them tipping over.  I had an even worse problem with my Tomb Kings mounted standard bearer tipping over.  So I  pounded some old lead fishing weights into rock like shapes and glued 2 them to the witches bases and 5 for the Tomb King figure.



Adding lead weights to the witches bases
Tomb Kings mounted standard bearer 
with  5 lead weights added.
In both cases I painted the lead weights as rocks, added flock, static grass or in some other way camouflaged them to blend in with the base. I should do a separate blog entry on the Tomb King standard bearer as it turned into a big job as I also had to add weight to the underside of the base.

The finished product photographed in November 2019, the witches are now ready to terrorize the Halloween night skies!

Storybook Witches by West Wind


Storybook Witches by West Wind




No comments: